Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VBoot Merge problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: VBoot Merge problem
VBoot Merge problem 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
This is my boot entry:
vboot harddisk="(LABEL=VHD)/73.vhd;(LABEL=VHD)/72.vhd;(LABEL=VHD)/71.vhd;(LABEL=Documents)/7.vhd"
From "Windows 7 x64" I merge all these VHD into one. ( usinh vbootctl.exe from the amd64 folder)
It took long time because the merge command do one to one VHD snapshot at the time.
After I finish merging them all into one "7.vhd" I boot from it and I got a error like:
cannot load winload.exe blablabla.
Error like this appenning when you got a corrupted VHD, since winload.exe is the #1 file load after the boot loader "bootmgr".
I'm not sure if having preinstalled vboot v.1 driver into WinPE change somethings.
Do I have to clean vboot v.1 driver and install vboot v.2 for making the command "vbootctl.exe merge" work normaly ?
I dont think so.. because I already merge one VHD child with his parent, and it was booting correctly.
I think somehow that having multiples snapshots to merge into one, result as a corrupt parent VHD.
Also, It is possible to have the merge command work like this:
vbootctl.exe merge D:\73.vhd D:\72.vhd D:\71.vhd D:\7.vhd
Because its very long to wait until every snapshot merge into the last. So I got to stay not very far from the PC, to start the merge command after that one merging it completed.
If its not possible to merge all snapshot into one, at one time, al least make the command merge to begin the next snapshot merging process automatically.
so that the merge command could work like this:
vbootctl.exe merge D:\73.vhd D:\72.vhd D:\71.vhd D:\7.vhd

Thank you very much!

UPDATE
I success merge another PC VHDs. Like the first one, It had 3 snapshot VHD child and 1 parent VHD.
This time I use WinPE x86 (not the "vbootctl.exe" from amd64 folder)
It boot perfect!
Like other limitation of "vbootctl.exe" from the amd64 folder, like I'm not abble to add vboot driver to a VHD with command "vbootctl.exe prepare".
But vbootctl.exe from the x86 folder is working fine for adding driver with prepare command, and vbootctl.exe merge command too!
But from the amd64 folder, I got error with these command : prepare and merge
So I think it somehow related to the amd64 limitation, just like you told me before...
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/01/03 08:04 By Natrix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VBoot Merge problem 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
Finaly my VHD that I have merge have been corrupted when I reinstall my Nvidia drivers..
The vhd and his snapshot can be opened but not booted.
I try repair the BCD and the Bootmgr without success.
Finaly I booted into my old VHD and did the same time and no problem.
Thats a big problem with merge VHD..
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1