Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Moto X Screen + Dragon NaturallySpeaking
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Moto X Screen + Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Moto X Screen + Dragon NaturallySpeaking 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I recently purchased a Moto X hoping for the same functionality with this VNC Server that I had with my old Droid RAZR HD. However, unlike my old phone, the Moto X does not turn the screen on automatically when I launch TightVNC. I understand that pressing F7 on the keyboard will turn the screen on, but I am reliant on using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 for all of my computing.

Saying the voice command to actually press "F7" does not seem to send the same type of keypress as physically touching the keyboard. My "voice" F7 will not turn on the Moto X screen. At times, I seem to be able to interact with items on the screen with my mouse, but TightVNC remains black and I'm unable to see anything. At times, I can issue the "okay Google now" command and that will kickstart me seeing something on TightVNC, but it only works a fourth of the time and I don't always want to be reliant on having the telephone close enough to hear me.

I have experimented with trying to get Dragon to send a different type of keypress using Vocola and creating a command to send SendSystemKeys( {F7} );, but I'm getting the same results, namely nothing.

Is there any type of mouse-only solution (like clicking on a specific shortcut) to simulate an actual F7 keypress on a physical keyboard, or does anyone have any other type of suggestion for me to try?

Robert
ophir6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Moto X Screen + Dragon NaturallySpeaking 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 86
for the rotation issue, can you try to turn on the last option, Auto Correct Rotation, from our app's Settings page?

I will look into the voice commands
huisinro
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1