Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

can I rdp to a remoteapp within VMLite XP Mode across tcp/ip from a WAN PC?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: can I rdp to a remoteapp within VMLite XP Mode across tcp/ip from a WAN PC?
can I rdp to a remoteapp within VMLite XP Mode across tcp/ip from a WAN PC? 11 Years ago Karma: 0
I need to allow users access to windows xp apps using rdp via a WAN. This works well with windows 2k8 server, yet I only have the apps running on a windows xp pc which I cannot sysprep, as it is within a domain. I would like to allow a user accross a WAN to access only one app on the xp pc. I tried this with winows 7 and xpmode and it does not allow rdp from a remote pc. WOuld vmlite xp mode allow this?
wolfherf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: can I rdp to a remoteapp within VMLite XP Mode across tcp/ip from a WAN PC? 11 Years ago Karma: 52
RDP should just work fine, but RemoteApp won't work. Microsoft has a patched terminal server (that offers a stripped down version of RemoteApp)installed in XP Mode vm, but it's not documented on how to use it publicly as RemoteApp. Only VirtualPC knows how to utilize the RemoteApp shipped with XP Mode. You can definitely explore it.

If you want to run individual apps from XP mode using RDP, there are some tricks, here is one:

www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/tswindowclipper.aspx
admin
graph
User Offline
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1