Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

After installing Windows update network doesn't work any more?!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: After installing Windows update network doesn't work any more?!
After installing Windows update network doesn't work any more?! 11 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I was successfully using VMLite for about 3 weeks, up to today. Everything was OK.
Today I have no network connectivity on Virtual Machine any more. Last thing I remember doing and included having a network was installing some Windows update. I did not notice anything at that time, because I did not do anything related to network, but some time later I realized (in a hard way) that there is no more network connectivity.
I cannot say what update that was, because I immediately uninstalled it hoping it would solve the problem.
I don't know how to get back my network connectivity.
I am attaching few screenshots.

I am using Windows 7 x64 on host machine and Windows XP on guest machine.

Could you please help me to get my network connectivity back? I need it for work.
File Attachment:
File Name: Network_problem.zip
File Size: 670680
Miro H
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: After installing Windows update network doesn't work any more?! 11 Years ago Karma: 52
Can you try to disable all adpaters except the first NAT adapter?
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: After installing Windows update network doesn't work any more?! 11 Years ago Karma: 0
OK, when I disable all adapters except first one, network is back!

Should I leave it like that?
Miro H
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: After installing Windows update network doesn't work any more?! 11 Years ago Karma: 52
NAT is the slowest adapater. The bridged adapter is faster, and can have a physical IP address. You can try to enable one of those bridged adapters, and check if it works.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: After installing Windows update network doesn't work any more?! 11 Years ago Karma: 0
OK, I enabled the bridged adapter, but it didn't work. Actually it didn't get the IP address. Network was working through NAT adapter. I tried to restart a couple of times and disable and enable the interface, but without results. Then I enabled the interface and did the uninstall of that interface in control panel. After a restart and installation it got the address and it was working fine.
Since on both interfaces (NAT and a bridged interface) DHCP is enabled default gateway switched from one to another. So I changed a metric on the interfaces and gave a bridged interface higher priority.
For now it is working fine. Guess disabling the interfaces is the first option and if that doesn't help, uninstall.
Thanks for help.
Miro H
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1