Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

I have biosdisk read error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: I have biosdisk read error
Re:I have biosdisk read error 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 86
Hi tlslc,

I just wanted to make sure, exactly same vhd (with vboot driver) takes much longer to boot from vboot loader than from bootmgr, right? in either case, vboot driver is used, instead of microsoft's builtin driver.

This definitely indicates a problem in our boot loader code. the vboot kernel driver seems to be fine.
huisinro
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I have biosdisk read error 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi huisinro,

Yes : I've used exactly same W7 VHD diskfile (VHD 20Go fixed diskfile -> create as instructions 7) on disk system (C:\)
- Tested with VBoot Loader installed on Disk System (as instructions)

Microsoft drivers for W7 VHD Disk 'VMLite VBootMP SCSI Disk Device' -> disk.sys, partmgr.sys - Microsoft driver v6.1.7600 21/06/2006 : It's correct ?

Thanks for your reply
--
Christian
tlslc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:I have biosdisk read error 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I don't see any problems w/ your grub.cfg. Grub has had this same type problem ongoing. I recall working with el-torito-ISO image format from system RAM causes the same error on a lot of different bios.

Our friends at VMLite could explore ignoring this error inside the bootloader code. The logic would be something similar to - "resume on error, next"

The workarounds for any particular motherboard are trying different bios (upgrade or downgrade system bios versions). Trying to boot from different media. Like boot Vboot loader from system drive and then the image from system drive then try from USB, etc different combinations. I couldn't dig up a manual on your computer but if your bios can change the way it handles USB media like USB-HDD, USB-floppy, try changing the way it defines USB media.

We just have to try different things to see what works. Unfortunately since the PC specification is not standard (anymore and hasn't been for decades) some hacking is involved. We do need to remember that motherboard manufacturers don't intend on us running anything on their hardware, hahaha. That is kind of a joke but there is some truth in it. Certainly they don't foresee us running a software bootloader to circumvent their schemes. But we all have great success to varying degrees and definitely can find something that works well on each motherboard.

I hope this helps in some way
bitartrate
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234