Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

I have biosdisk read error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: I have biosdisk read error
Re:I have biosdisk read error 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 52
you can ignore those 2 errors.
admin
graph
User Offline
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I have biosdisk read error 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
ya me too
i got the same error
it comes about 3 times, like this;

:biosdisk read error

ive tried so many times to fix
but it wont
eranga101
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:I have biosdisk read error 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I have exactly the same two errors of VMDK and VDI (which I ignore now) but as well obvious: A DISK READ ERROR OCCURED

I try to load 4 different .vhd/.vmdk, all of them fail to load:

- one .vhd made with "MS Virtual PC 2007" containing "Windows XP SP3 Tablet Edition"
- one .vhd made with "Sysinternal's Disk2Vhd" containing "Windows 2003 SP2 Enterprise"
- one .vmdk contained "Mac OS X 10.6.4"
- one .vhd converted from previous .vmdk of "Mac OS X 10.6.4"

I tested what you suggested (those lines in VBoot loader screen by pressing 'C'...) on .vhd containg "Windows XP SP3 Tablet Edition" with no errors (it lists what's inside the .vhd just fine) but only if I defined it after "vhd vhd0 -p" as "(hd1,1)" and not "UUID=<my_nr_here>" (which was case of my previos .cfg that do not work also btw). In that case VBoot loader screen including command prompt just RESTARTED MY PC (I got video of it so I am now able read what it says as error, it's: "[VBoot] VMDK: descriptor does not start as expected in '(UUID=<my_nr_here>)'"...and it restarts quickly)!

The only .vhd that starts to boot but soon comes to BSOD was the one with Windows 2003 SP2 made with Disk2Vhd on another PC (it is understandable as it requires probably some drivers that it do not have as this is another machine that the one it was created for...but maybe I am wrong?)

As for "Mac OS X" it runs only inside "VMware Workstation", if I try to run it (converted to .vhd) in "MS Virtual PC 2007" it just hangs - no BSOD, just stops loading in one point...and in VBoot it gives the same "A DISK READ ERROR OCCURED" as those ones before + it looks like it freezes my FDD and HDD too (cos LED's of them shine permanently with no flick until I press RESET button...to ease them!)

What is the problem causing this - anyone knows?
qoqodqo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/01/19 18:48 By qoqodqo.

Re:I have biosdisk read error 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
+ as I noticed elsewhere (some post here in forum about Linux .vdi not booting) - do I need copy/put some kind of "VBoot bootloader" in my .vhd/.vmdk files that doesn't work or it just apply to virtualized Linux OS only?

If so (that I need to put your bootloader in my .vhd/.vmdk): can you point me to those files - which they are and where them to put?
qoqodqo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:I have biosdisk read error 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
It seems to happen to some bios and not others. I have discovered the answer or workaround. It is floppy related and probably only hardware floppy drive related. If you disable the floppy controller in your bios the error should not appear. If you don't have that luxury (you still use a floppy drive like real technicians) you can put a formatted floppy in the drive and that should cause the error to go away too. Although I have found a bios out in my collection that tries to boot from any floppy having MBR or not.

It is a bug in the bootloader. Perhaps our friends at VMLite can fix it soon?

As always thank you very much!

P.S. Admin: I am very much looking forward to using Vboot with Win95,98,ME, and even DOS.
bitartrate
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:I have biosdisk read error 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 52
Thanks for the discovery.

This error is very annoying, and we couldn't find the cause. Now that you have found it, we will try to fix it.
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 1234