Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Probels uninstalling VMLite Workstation 3.6
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Probels uninstalling VMLite Workstation 3.6
Probels uninstalling VMLite Workstation 3.6 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

have you guys got some proper reliable instructions on how to uninstall the above. I am getting a blue screen when trying to uninstall the above from my Windows 7 32-bit host I used for some benchmark comparision with 4.2. I have stopped the VMlite service before uninstalling but it didn't make a difference. I get a blue screen every time. I also tried runing the setup program again (using run as administrator) which gave be also the unistall option. That didn't work either. Both uninstall options, using Control Panel as well as the installer program cause a blue screen. I have seen other people having the same issue. Can u please put some detailed instructions together on how to do this.

Thanks. Dieter

By the way. I have migrated all my VMWare clients to VMLite 4.2 and didn't have a single issue (only one with Windows 2003 Guest additions). Great job, well done, love the product.

Thanks again.
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Probels uninstalling VMLite Workstation 3.6 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 86
It's the vmlitediskmp driver causing this. You can disable vmlitediskmp service, run this in cmd:

sc delete vmlitediskmp

then reboot, and uninstall.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:Probels uninstalling VMLite Workstation 3.6 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

this service doesn't exist. I only have a service vmlitestor. Is that the one you want me to delete. If so can I please ask for proper instructions. I have had serious trouble starting my systems after the bluescreen again. I can't affort to loose that system nor can I affort to stuff around. This is not the way I am usually working and I expect to get proper instructions for uninstalling this software.

Thanks. Dieter
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Probels uninstalling VMLite Workstation 3.6 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 86
yes, it's vmlitestor on vista above, and vmlitediskmp on xp.

You can use regedit to change the start value from 3 to 4, then reboot, and uninstall vmlite 3.2.6.
huisinro
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1