Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems using Bridged network adapter in Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64-bit)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems using Bridged network adapter in Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64-bit)
Problems using Bridged network adapter in Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64-bit) 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

I was wondering whether there is a problem using the Bridged network adapter with Windows 7 Ultimate. I have other flavours of Windows 7 such as Enterprise (32 and 64-bit) which work all fine using the bridged adapter. The problem appears to be that the client can't acquire the proper IP address and therefore ends up with the famous 169... IP range. I am not a network expert but so far I have not had this kind of problem using VMLite. I am not a network guru but somehow it appears that the DHCP handshaking between the Windows 7 Ultimate client and my Windows 7 Enterprise host doesn't appear to be working for this network adapter type. I have been able to use NAT and Host-only types under Windows 7 Ultimate without any problems.

Can you help me out please.

Please let me know if you want me to collect some screenshots of particular setting in VMLite and my client that could help you to diagnose.

Thanks. Dieter

In addition to my comments above I can confirm that the problem appears to be related to automatically acquiring an IP addess for the bridged network adapter. When I assign a static IP in the appropriate range then the adapter works fine. However I do need to have DHCP working because I am connecting my VMLite host machine to different LAN and Wireless networks that use different IP ranges. Therefore it is essential that I can use the option of automatically obtaining an IP address.

Dieter
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/12/13 19:36 By aussie_bauer.Reason: More findings
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems using Bridged network adapter in Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64-bit) 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 86
yes, that indicates not working.

can you check if vboxnetadp and vboxnetflt service are running? and vboxnetadp.sys, vboxnetadp.sys should be there in \windows\system32\drivers folder.

If all of the above are present, that indicates there might be more than one network filter driver present inside your host, and there are conflicts.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re: Problems using Bridged network adapter in Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64-bit) 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Why would it work with Windows 7 Enterprise on the same host. Wouldn't that indicate that the problem is with the client rather than the host?

Dieter
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Problems using Bridged network adapter in Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64-bit) 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 86
ok, I misunderstood you.

It's the guest making the difference? Most testing are done with windows 7 Ultimate as guest, so it works fine here.

What other software did you install inside the guest? wonder if that may cause the problem. Other thing is about the mac address, if there is another vm or pc with same mac address, it will have this issue too.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re: Problems using Bridged network adapter in Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64-bit) 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there, I was able to resolve the problem by rebinding the bridged network adapter with the Apple Mobile Device Ethernet adapter. Somehow the Windows 7 Ultimate client must have lost its binding information with this adapter even that the bridged network adapter was assigned to it in the clients network configuration. I re-assigned the bridged network adapter to my other wireless adapter and than back to the iphone adapter and started the client after that. It all worked fine then. Don't know whether this is a bug in VMLite specific to the iPhone adapter or not. You may want to look into it.

Dieter
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1