Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Project Alive?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Project Alive?
Re:Project Alive? 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 86
No, we don't have any other day time jobs, vmlite is the full time job.
vboot and mboot are under active development, although release cycle is kind of long. The current version is stable.
huisinro
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Project Alive? 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Where is this current stable version then? The downloads area only has a release from last year, that expired 7 months ago.
Melville
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

huisinro wrote:
The current version is stable.

and Linux version too... from time to time at the same.
I monitor this project. Each week, look for the forum, but project is stuck.
You chosen unsuccessful development model, and I'm sure You don't earn on vboot.
Open the source code. Choose the appropriate open license.
resident555
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Project Alive? 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 86
you guys may not realize how difficult VBoot is. been working day and night over 2 years on it, so release cycle of being a few month is not unusual. Over last few months, mainly tackling the memory related stuff, which is another difficult thing. If you look at our vboot driver in \windows\system32\drivers folder, it's one of the largest file, meaning there are lots of code, more than 150k line of hardcore code. Our storport driver performs extremely well.

Over last few months, we haven't made public releases, but that doesn't mean we are not working on it.
huisinro
graphgraph

huisinro wrote:
you guys may not realize how difficult VBoot is.
With all due respect, but two years! development, and to date vboot isn't working well.
That's why I suggested to consider opening the source code and go to open source community to accelerate the process.
Think again about that.
I still hope for a working release vBoot (and vBoot for Linux!!! too).
resident555
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

huisinro wrote:
you guys may not realize how difficult VBoot is. been working day and night over 2 years on it, so release cycle of being a few month is not unusual. Over last few months, mainly tackling the memory related stuff, which is another difficult thing. If you look at our vboot driver in \windows\system32\drivers folder, it's one of the largest file, meaning there are lots of code, more than 150k line of hardcore code. Our storport driver performs extremely well.

Over last few months, we haven't made public releases, but that doesn't mean we are not working on it.

I completely understand how difficult it is. That's why no-one else has, as yet, done it.

But you keep promising that the Holy Grail of releases is just around the corner, and it never is. It's been like that for well over a year. That is what is unacceptable.

You really do meed to rethink your practices. If you don't want to go open source or sell your IP on to a bigger player (which I can understand) then you at least need to foster a community of knowledgeable helpers via this site. Even if it's just getting them to help with testing, for a free license.
Melville
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/06 10:44 By Melville.

Go to topPage: 12345