Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Cannot Install VMLite Android Controller software
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Cannot Install VMLite Android Controller software
Cannot Install VMLite Android Controller software 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I don't know if I'm having a problem on the phone side (yet). I can't load the VMLite Android Controller software on my PC!
If I try to load it with the USB drivers it starts to load and then it comes back with a message that install was interrupted and I should run install again.
If I run it without trying to load the USB drivers then the software loads but it does not find an android device.
On the android side (LG G2) I have enabled the debugging as described in the instructions. Nothing changes. I have enabled photo mode. No change.
I have attempted to update USB driver in PC and it says it has updated but still doesn't work.
Seems to me that the install with the USB drivers has to happen first and is independent of anything else. When that happens I can continue troubleshooting any other issues that may arise but I feel like that needs to happen first.
I have a 3 month old Dell Laptop and am running Windows 8.1.
When I plug the phone in to my laptop I can see it in device manager. Everything else seems to be working..
VTRex
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/01/30 10:19 By VTRex.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot Install VMLite Android Controller software 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 86
Did you see some dialog popping up during installation? It will ask you whether to install the drive, and you need to click OK. These dialog boxes will display flashing icons on Windows task bar, you can click it to open.

I just tested it on my Windows 8.1 pc, it works fine.

Also check if you have antivirus software, you may need to disable it temporally to install.

If none of these works, you can install w/o USB drivers, then try to install USB driver manually from your device maker's package. What is your android device model?
huisinro
graphgraph

Re: Cannot Install VMLite Android Controller software 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 86
huisinro
graphgraph

Re: Cannot Install VMLite Android Controller software 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I went to the LG website and downloaded the latest driver for my phone. It installed normally. But I have the same problem: no android device found.

I did not see a dialog box pop up to install a drive. The only dialog box I see is the install dialog box. After the 2nd screen it asks if I want to install the USB driver. If I click yes the program will not load. It starts to load and then quits saying the install was interrupted.

No antivirus software.

I have an LG G2.
VTRex
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/01/30 11:24 By VTRex.

you can try to install the driver from the link, first. It shouldn't matter whether it's Verizon

I can remotely login to debug for you.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re: Cannot Install VMLite Android Controller software 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
let's do it...
VTRex
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12