Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

"Please connect this device to a PC" AT&T Galaxy S4 stock 4.4.2 on W7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: "Please connect this device to a PC" AT&T Galaxy S4 stock 4.4.2 on W7
Re:"Please connect this device to a PC" AT&T Galaxy S4 stock 4.4.2 on W7 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 86
Hi Douglas,

Did you try the steps as I replied in this thread? 2nd entry:

www.vmlite.com/index.php?option=com_kune...0&id=16169#16170
huisinro
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:"Please connect this device to a PC" AT&T Galaxy S4 stock 4.4.2 on W7 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, Douglas;

I'm the one who started this thread, with the original question. If you've already tried the procedures in the previous responses, and you're still having trouble, maybe I had the same results, and can share my work-arounds. Let me know.
otseroeg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:"Please connect this device to a PC" AT&T Galaxy S4 stock 4.4.2 on W7 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi! I had exactly the same issue, I made all the commands and I was good. Today I've reboot my SGS4 and now I'm unable to start the server. The windows app say when I click start:

Instructions:

(1) Enable USB debugging on your android device by going to:
Settings > Developer options > USB debugging, or
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
(2) Connect your android device to this PC with USB cable.
(3) Click the above Start VMLite VNC Server button.

Starting VMLite VNC Server on device ...
Checking Android devices ...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
0f9f16b0 device

VMLite VNC Server is successfully stopped on 0f9f16b0.

When I press start for a second time I got:

and in 3rd press:

VMLite VNC Server is successfully started on 0f9f16b0.
You can now safely disconnect your device from this PC, and quit this program.

If you can't connect to the IP address shown on device, you can click the USB Connect button to set up USB connection.

It show me like stated but not on my phone

NB I'm in wheelchair and I use that app for ALL, make call, sms, control my light, tv..etc..so 2you can understand that is urgent!
ppinard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:"Please connect this device to a PC" AT&T Galaxy S4 stock 4.4.2 on W7 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Yeah, ppinard;

You're not going to be able to start the server using the VMLite Android App Controller on your PC, until there's an appropriate update to the app controller. In the mean time, you'll have to go on your device, copy the VMLite Server file to an accessible directory, then launch the server from there. The steps are (make sure your slashes are exactly as shown):

1.) Make sure you have the proper USB connection between your device and your PC (the connection that always worked before).

2.) On your PC, from a DOS command line, CD over to your "?:\Program Files" folder, specifically to the "VMLite\AndroidAppController" subfolder.

3.) Then type the command: adb shell

4.) When you get the cursor back, type the command: cd /data/local/tmp

5.) Then: cp /data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files/vmlitevncserver ./vmlitevncserver

Assuming you did those five steps correctly, that's the ONLY time you'll ever have to do that.

Now, from this time forward, in order to start the VMLite server on your device:

1.) Again, make sure you have the proper USB connection between your device and your PC.

2.) On your PC, from a DOS command line, CD over to your "?:\Program Files\VMLite\AndroidAppController" subfolder.

3.) On your device, launch the VNC server, but Don't press the Start button!

4.) On your PC, type the command: adb shell "/data/local/tmp/vmlitevncserver"

5.) Wait until you see the server start on your device, then press a ctrl+C (^C).

I've created a batch file for myself, with the two commands in it, so all I do is plug my device into my PC, launch the VNC server on my device, double-click on the batch file, press ^C, and open my remote session in a browser. It maybe takes ten seconds, probably less.

Let me know if you need help with any of that . . .
otseroeg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

thanks you save my life!
ppinard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12