Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

No PC to connect to. Any workaround for this?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: No PC to connect to. Any workaround for this?
No PC to connect to. Any workaround for this? 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
This is great! I'm really needing this app to be able to remotely assist my 86 yr old Mom with her Dell Venue Android tablet.

She loves her Venue, but does get whelmed by the behaviors of Android and its little app buddies.

VMLite is a great fit to help support her on it, but from time to time she does need to shut it down and reboot (or she just forgets to recharge it on time ...)

Is the "need to connect to a PC" to restart the server still an issue? The "please connect to a PC" is not an option for her. And the excruciatingly arcane workarounds that I've seen elsewhere on this forum are a no-go as well.

She can do a simple uninstall/re-install (bless her heart); but will that work?

And is there any work being done by the good folks at VMLite on a push-button (or invisible, fully automatic) solution?

Thanks very much. My Mom doesn't know you, but she virtually thanks you too.
XXPepper
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: No PC to connect to. Any workaround for this? 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 86
Does she have PC handy? If so, you just need to ask her to connect the tablet to the PC, and you can do the rest by remoting to her PC.

I knew current vnc server is complicated to use, we are implementing a simpler version, called rDesktop, than will be able to access remotely without setup firewalls, etc.

Thanks for your good words, which motivates us to make more progresses.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:No PC to connect to. Any workaround for this? 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
No; she has no PC handy. The tablet is instead of a PC.

rDesktop sounds like it will be the answer. Let us know if/when you need beta testers. We'll be happy to help.
XXPepper
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1