Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Cannot get Server to Start - Galaxy S3 and Win7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Cannot get Server to Start - Galaxy S3 and Win7
Cannot get Server to Start - Galaxy S3 and Win7 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have followed all instructions and should have everything up-to-date, yet I cannot get the server to start on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I'm running Win7 (64) and Windows sees the phone. All USB drivers are up-to-date (according to Windows), and in the Device Manager, I see "Android ADB Interface" under "Android Phone".

The VMLite Android App Controller sort-of sees the phone, but says it's offline (which it's not):

Starting VMLite VNC Server on device ...
Checking Android devices ...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
5e042092 offline

Error: no android device is connected.

Please Help!!!!
ahuttenrauch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot get Server to Start - Galaxy S3 and Win7 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 86
This is weird error, will investigate. If you have a 32-bit PC, can you try it? we have other customers using S3 successfully.

Make sure don't turn USB Storage. and try to reboot the phone, pc, etc.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:Cannot get Server to Start - Galaxy S3 and Win7 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I don't have any other OS's to choose from. (except Linux).
The S3 only has 2 options for USB mode: MTP and PTP. If I choose MTP, it doesn't even show up in the device manager, and your app controller shows nothing in the list. With PTP, it shows up in the device manager, and the app controller shows the phone in the list (but offline).

Help!
ahuttenrauch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Cannot get Server to Start - Galaxy S3 and Win7 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 86
I assume that you used the drivers from our app. i.e., have you installed driver for S3 by yourself?

Can you click Properties > Driver > Driver Details in device manager, what are the driver files?

the error indicates partially working driver, will send you new drivers to try after more testing.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:Cannot get Server to Start - Galaxy S3 and Win7 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
The driver shows as
Google, Inc.
2009-08-11

If I try to update it, Windows says that the driver software is already up-to-date.

Thanks
ahuttenrauch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I forgot to mention also that my Win7 install is in VirtualBox on Ubuntu 12.04. I have the USB 2.0 EHCI controller add-ons installed as well. I don't have any native windows machines.
ahuttenrauch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345