Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Windows rDisplay laggy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
rDisplay Sender Program
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Windows rDisplay laggy
Windows rDisplay laggy 5 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello developers and beta testers:

I recently installed rDisplay for Windows; the program works tremendously well, and I get the video feed from Netflix with either the web browser(s) or the Netflix Windows 8 App.

However, the video feed from my laptop to my Raspberry Pi box is a little laggy (about 3-5FPS lower than my laptop); although the rDisplay doesn't support audio yet, the definitely works. How can I increase the video feed? It's probably the CPU usage being too high on the Raspberry Pi box itself; should I overclock the CPU to about 800-850MHz to see if that'll work?

My Raspberry Pi box is:
Model B+ with 512MB RAM, 700MHz ARM CPU, 256MB GPU, Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse, Acer AL1917W Monitor with the HDMI to DVI cable and 3.5MM Analog Audio (built-in speakers), 5V 2A Tablet Charger; 32GB SDHC Class 4 (Micro SD) card with Raspbian Wheezy.

... Or do you think I should put in another SD card (class 10) in as the boot drive; a flash drive for the Raspbian OS?
bjwil1991
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Windows rDisplay laggy 5 Years ago Karma: 86
Do you mean the video on RPi display is delayed a bit from the original movie? Or it plays slower all the time?

Besides the delay, does it play smoothly on your RPi?
huisinro
graphgraph

Re: Windows rDisplay laggy 5 Years ago Karma: 0
It's delayed a bit between the laptop and RPi box; but I replaced the 32GB Class 4 with an 8GB Class 10 with a 32GB High Read/Write Speed USB Flash Drive; set the CPU speed to Turbo (1GHz, 500MHz Core); I'm performing updates to the OS itself; reboot to see if the lag goes away.

Other than that, it is smooth; but a little bit laggy. I'll post updates about the video feed if the problem either persist or went away.

Edit: in addition, the connection between my laptop and my RPi box is Ethernet connection to a modified Linksys WRT320N Wireless N Router with DD-WRT; as a Wireless Client for the 5GHz network without buffering issues; crashes with Netflix, YouTube, and so on.

Edit #2: the lag between my laptop and the RPi box in seconds (opening and closing apps, for example) is about 1/2 a second. I read the instructions clearly in the e-mail I received a day or 2 ago. My guess is it's because of a network load or multicast not being enabled.
bjwil1991
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/08/19 19:49 By bjwil1991.

Go to topPage: 1