Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Win7 on Win7?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Win7 on Win7?
Win7 on Win7? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -1
In one of your pdf documents you are stated:..."that you can run Windows XP on Windows XP, or Windows 7 on Windows 7. In such cases VMLite does not need to use a different copy of Windows operating system, and can take advantage of what you already get to create multiple virtual machines."
Can any1 PLEASE tell me how to do that? I like to run Win7 on Win7.......
Thanx in advance for any help.
umim
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Win7 on Win7? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 52
That feature has not been released with current version yet. We will provide those features in the future, but the exact date is to be determined.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Win7 on Win7? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -1
Hi. Thanx for you fast reply. When you said..."you can run Windows XP on Windows XP, or Windows 7 on Windows 7"....you didn't mentioned sometime in the future. It is verrrrry misleading. I like your product, but NOT your MARKETING!
umim
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Win7 on Win7? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
I believe that sentence is from our white paper. As you can understand, while paper usually talks about overall strategy, rather than product datasheets.

We try to be careful and accurate in our wording. For each statement we put out on our website and documentation, we meant something. They are not empty slogans.

Take an example of our front page, those 3 features: Unbreakable, Recoverable and Parallel, are not there for nothing. We will release features do exactly that. Recoverable means your host physical computer will be able to recover, and we are working on that.

Some of the features may not be from current releases, but we want people to know the overall picture.
admin
graph
User Offline
Last Edit: 2009/12/27 09:53 By .

Re: Win7 on Win7? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -1
Again: You did not mentioned in your "white paper" that some sentences are just fiction and others are actual facts. When you mixing facts about Microsoft with your fiction/future possibilities, you are MISLEADING. Sorry, that's my feeling.
umim
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Win7 on Win7? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
I don't want to argue with you, but, no, it's not fiction. Those are the features we already implemented, but not released yet. If we don't have an implementation, we won't mention it.

I've attached a screenshot of a very old version of VMLite Workstation running Vista on Vista, all apps already installed on host are available from the vm, and the vm can install additional apps, or remove host apps. To create such a vm, only take less then 30 secs.

These are advanced features, and we need to push them out step by step.
admin
graph
User Offline
Last Edit: 2009/12/27 10:37 By .

Go to topPage: 123