Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode
Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode 9 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi all,

I'm a new in this forum. I've installed VMLite and Windows XP Mode. And now, when I start VMlite Windows XP is starting but I cannot use my mouse and keyboard. They aren't working. With the host key I can release the mouse for my normal Windows 7 Home Premium but if I want to work with VMLite and click into the Window there is no reaction. Is the Problem that I use a USB mouse and Keyboard? I read that VMLite doesn't support USB-drives.

Thanks for the help in advance!

caxman
caxman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode 9 Years ago Karma: 52
Two possible reasons:

(1) you don't have the guest additions installed. You can just try to re-install it. When vm is running, go to top menu Devices > Install Guest Additions...

(2) most likely, your mouse and keyboard are captured by the vm. Can you check? when vm is running, go to top menu Devices > USB Devices, and check if your USB mouse or USB keyboard are attached to the vm, if you see a check mark, that means the device is attached to the vm. You need to uncheck the mouse and keyboard if they are attached.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode 9 Years ago Karma: 0
Ok. I used an older version of VMlite. I downloaded the newest version and installed this.

Now, the mouse and keyboard is working in VMlite but! It is only working if I check the mouse and keyboard in the menu with the usb devices. And then if they were caught by VMlite I can't use the mouse and keyboard in my normal Win7. And the host key for release also doesn't working.
I only can release both devices if I uncheck it in the menu. Luckily I use it on my notebook and I have a touchpad which is working with win7 so I can uncheck it. Otherwise I will have a big problem.

What can be the reason that the host key for release doesn't work?
caxman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 52
This is not a bug. it's designed to work that way, so multiple people can use the same machine, each with a vm which uses a different set of usb mouse and keyboard.

You need to UN-select those devices inside USB Devices menu.

To avoid the vm to capture usb mouse/keyboard, you plug in the mouse and keyboard first, then start the vm.

Or minimize the vm window when you plugin your USB mouse and keyboard. If vm window in on focus, it will automatically capture the mouse and keyboard. Once captured, they can only used inside the vm.

Also check your USB filters, when vm is offline, go to VMLite Workstation, check USB node, and remove USB filters for your mouse and keyboard if you find any. When a filter exists, vm captures the device wnen vm starts.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok. But if my mouse and keyboard is captured I cannot reach the USB devices menu. I can only use this devices inside the VM window and I can't choose any menu. I thought I can release a captured mouse and keyboard with the host key (like in Virtual PC).
Vm doesn't automatically capture the mouse and keyboard; it capture it when I check it in the USB devices menu.

My question now is:
How can I release the mouse and keyboard when I cannot choose the menu with the mouse or keyboard because it is captured?
caxman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Mouse and Keyboard doesn't working in XP-Mode 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 52
do what I said in last message, then your mouse won't be captured. Read it more carefully.
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 123